Origin: Los Angeles Genre: Hip Hop Booking: Mike@MikeXavier.Net
Available for bookings with a DJ or full band.
It's rare to find a hip-hop artist who appeals to everyone from all walks of life. Mike Xavier does just that, proving himself to be that unique artist through his vivid, relatable, and poetic lyrics.
Xavier's generation-defying appeal comes in part because of his clean lyrics and live band. A gifted, smooth, and well-trained group that includes trumpet, keys, guitar, bass, and drums. After years of performing alongside a DJ, Xavier decided it was time to task a crew of expert instrumentalists to help him create a live experience that's unparalleled in the world of hip-hop. They gently wrap his insightful lyrics in energetic and accessible jazz that consistently captivates crowds of all ages.
While the band's smooth, patient strumming draws you in, the lyrical portrait Xavier paints of this often gritty world is what leaves audiences of all backgrounds feeling they're one with someone who has genuinely lived in their dirt-stained shoes. That's because they are: Xavier is all of us.
Before Xavier ever opened up for Hip Hop pioneers such as; Mobb Deep, KRS-One, Tech N9NE, and Rakim, he was raised in Los Angeles by a single mother. He eventually wound up homeless – sleeping in his car until he could make a few dollars to lay his head on an actual pillow.
The life lessons he first learned on the streets of LA pour out when he's on stage. When Xavier performs his acclaimed song "Sunshine," it's clear that he longs to be a good father and a positive role model.
"We just have to teach our kids that they can change the world," Xavier raps with his calm though upbeat tone. "They used to tell me, 'Try these drugs.' but I never tried it."
Xavier's heart doesn't just pour out in his lyrics; he also backs it up with action. He organized an event to feed the homeless, and held his second annual Toy Drive, to pay it forward for children in need. Mike has been a Keynote Speaker for the House of Blues Music Forward Foundation, CD Baby, and has also performed for the neglected and abused children who live at St. Jude's Ranch. In addition to the above, Xavier has partnered with the Subversive Music Foundation for the second year to raise over $80,000 to provide scholarships for music education and studio time to promote respectful, non-violent drug-free music to underprivileged youth.
With interviews and performances on popular TV outlets such as FOX, NBC, and ABC News, Xavier has expanded his reach to the masses. In 2018, Xavier partnered with Toyota for a special performance that was streamed live on Yahoo's Entertainment Page. He also shared the bill with world-renowned artists such as The Weeknd, Florence + The Machine, and Travis Scott at The Life Is Beautiful Music Festival.
His success quickly carried over into 2019 with the release of his new album titled 'Still Dreaming' and a sold-out show at Vinyl, a 750 capacity venue located inside the famed Hard Rock Cafe. Mike's success has continued with a sold-out show in LA at The Moroccan Lounge, The Soda Bar in San Diego, and a headlining show at Brooklyn Bowl Las Vegas with over 1,000 tickets moved. In late October 2019, he also shared the stage with Mr. Carmack, THEY., and Andrew Power of Soulection at the Freak The Beat Music Festival. On March 20, 2020, Xavier released his 5th studio project titled 'Something to Relate to.'
Mike's Career Highlights
- Named as a performing artist at the Life is Beautiful Music + Arts Festival
- Partnered with Toyota and VH1 to perform at the Toyota Music Den
- Headlining show at Brooklyn Bowl Las Vegas
- Sold-out headlining show at Vinyl at The Hard Rock Hotel & Casino
- Sold-out headlining show with no openers at The Moroccan Lounge in Downtown LA
- Partnered with Caesars Entertainment to curate and host events at The Linq Promenade
- Keynote Speaker and Performer at the Emerge Music + Impact Festival
- Keynote Speaker at The CD Baby DIY Music Conference in Austin, Texas
- Guest instructor and performer at The Los Angeles College of Music
- Headlined The House of Blues Brew Fest in Las Vegas
- Named as a performing artist on NYE 2018 at Brooklyn Bowl Las Vegas W/ Living Colour
- Opening act for Presidential candidate Mayor Pete Buttigieg
- Opening act for Tech N9NE at Brooklyn Bowl
- Opening act for KRS-One at The Novo in DTLA
- Opening act for Ghostface Killah of Wu-Tang Clan at Brooklyn Bowl
- Opening act for Evidence & Oddisee at The Novo in DTLA
- Opening act for The Game
- Opening act for The Midnight Hour - Adrian Younge & Ali Shaheed Muhammad
- Opening act for Watch The Duck
- Opening act for RdGldGrn
- Opening act for Black Milk
- Opening act for Mobb Deep
- Opening act for Rakim
- Opening act for Zion I
- Named as a performing artist at the Indie Week Music Festival in Toronto
- Partnered with the Subversive Music Foundation to raise over $80,000 for music scholarships
- Keynote Speaker for The House of Blues Music Forward Foundation
- Headlining Show at The Study in Hollywood, CA
- Sold Out EP Release Show at The Bunkhouse Saloon In Las Vegas
- Booked in regular rotation at The Cromwell Hotel & Casino
- Performance at LDI (Live Design International) Trade-show and Conference
- Performance at Mandalay Bay Arena for 3,000 Home Depot Executives and Management Staff
Click here to download all media content such as photos, videos, bio, stage plot, and more.
Art Share LA
House of Blues on Sunset Strip
O.H.M Nightclub in Hollywood
The Novo DTLA
The Study in Hollywood
Sweetwater Music Hall
Artifice Bar & Lounge
Backstage Bar & Billiards
Cromwell Hotel & Casino
Hard Rock Live
Harrah's Hotel & Casino
House of Blues
Joint at Hard Rock Hotel & Casino
Las Vegas Country Club
Mandalay Bay Arena
Sayers Club at SLS Hotel & Casino
The Bunkhouse Saloon
The Space LV
Vinyl at Hard Rock Hotel & Casino